This salad always makes me think of my father-in-law, Joe, who was not a man to eat his veggies. However, adding bacon to a vegetable dish was a game-changer for him and it opened his eyes to broccoli, cauliflower, kale, and spinach (although he drew the line at Brussels Sprouts). This is a great side for a BBQ!
- 2 heads broccoli, florets chopped off into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup raisins, regular or golden
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
Mix all the dressing ingredients together well. Add all the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl and top with dressing. Toss until dressing is combined and enjoy.