During the busy summer season when we have zucchini, summer squash, fennel, peppers, and eggplant exploding out of our fridge, we make a very easy grilled dish with a side of garlicky yogurt sauce with fresh herbs to fill our bellies.
- Zucchini, summer squash, and/or eggplant, sliced in half the long way
- Fennel, trim off bulb and slice in half, but keep the core intact
- Pepper, small, keep whole or bell peppers, deseeded and cut in half
- Olive oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp fresh dill and mint, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
Mix the sauce together and set aside to let the flavors combine. Place all the veggies on a platter and drizzle with olive oil. Heat the grill to medium/high heat. Place the veggies over the heat and close the lid for 1-2 minutes. Open and flip to grill the other side for 1-2 minutes. Move to indirect heat for 5-7 minutes, flipping as needed, until tender. Remove from heat and place on a platter. Drizzle yogurt sauce over veggies. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and fresh herbs and serve.